Saturday, March 21, 2015

Silent Night


Happy Spring!  The weather this weekend is going to be perfect so I am planning on doing a little yard work and taking a walk.  Of course, I will do a little crafting too.  
The new challenge at 52 christmas Card Throw Down is Silent Night.  For my DT card I decided to keep it simple.  I have been sick with a nasty cold/cough that has zapped my energy so simple sounded really good.  I used the nativity cut from the Inspired Heart Cricut cartridge.  I cut it out in white card stock and then used silver embossing over the entire cut. I embossed it with two layers so that it is very shiny.  Hope that shows up in the picture.  I love how it looks against the blue pattern paper.
Can't wait to see your creations.

8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful Christmas card Ginny x

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is so simple, so pretty. Love the musical background and the nativity scene is just perfect. Great card. xx

PS Hope you're feeling better soon.

Tanja said...

I love your background - this is a perfect Christmas card - very beautiful

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work with the embossing Julie. I love the musical background too. Hugs, Gill xx

Fabiola said...

charmante et pleine de grâce cette création Julie, biz

Louise van Vuren said...

The real meaning of Christmas- love it. That's a good way to use a die too, will have to try that one.
Louise xx

Patricia Hays said...

The nativity scene works nicely with the musical score background in this classic color scheme. Hope you're feeling much better by now!

Judy said...

Hi Julie,

Thank you so very much for stopping by.

What a lovely card. I love seeing simple made beautiful. Awesome, awesome card!

xx