Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Blue Birthday


 
I am having fun making easel cards.  This one is for my sister-in-law's birthday
Blue is her favorite color and I just love this pattern paper with the blues and browns. I bough several sheets of it a few years ago and I was thrilled to find this blue/gray paper in my stash that matches.
I used chunky white and antique white embossing enamel on the card.  I decided to see what it would do if I added some of the embossing enamel to the flowers.  I was afraid the flowers wouldn't hold up to the heat while using the heat gun but they turned out great!
Here is a close up of the flower
 
 
Card Details:
Image: Besties by Sherry Baldy
Copics:  E00, E13, E21, E50, E51, e53, E55, E40, E42, E43, B91, R20, R22, W0
Spellbinders ribbon tags
Chunky white and shabby white embossing enamel
Sketch:  Sketch N Stash
 
Entered in following challenges:
Sketch N Stash: Sketch and my neglected item is the papers and the ribbon tags.
Besties Challenge:  Lots of Layers


8 comments:

~@ngie~ said...

a gordeous card & a cute image... love the dp's & blue is my fave colour too :) hehehee

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

love n hugz Angie xXx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Julie this is stunning, the image, colours and embellishments all look amazing.
hugs
lorraine x

DOROTHY MADEREEL said...

Hello Julie,'

Wonderful card you made, lovely colors. In the Netherlands at http://mybestiesdutchgirlsdesigns.blogspot.nl/2013/11/easelkaartcard.html we have a special Easelcard challenge. I hope you will enter your card also at ours.
with love from Holland,
Dorothy

Ally said...

oooh what a lovely card! thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!
xx, Ally

Jolanda said...

love your card! nice sketch & colouring:0) thanks for joining us at the Dutch besties!
grtz Jolanda DT

Julie Gleeson said...

Your card is really beautiful Julie! And I love what you have done with the embossing enamels! Great papers too! Thank you for joining the Besties Challenge! Hugs Julie DT x

Ink before you think 😀 said...

What à lovely card you made. Georgius. Thank you for joining is at de dutchgirls blog Greets Lilian

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Stunning card!
Thanks for sharing it with us over at Sketch and Stash and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Sketch N Stash DT Member
Crafty Friends DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges DT member
Pennys Challenges DT member